Put yourself to the test after winter training, celebrate the opening of the running season with your friends and update your personal best.
Friday, April 5
Participant packet pick up
Saturday, April 6
Participant packet pick up
Sunday, April 7
|Start area opens
|Finish line closes
How to register
Online registration for the April Run closes 19 March 23:59. Online registration may be closed earlier if the entry limit is reached.
To register for the race, you must complete the online application form and pay the registration fee on Running Community website. During registration enter your personal data according to ID card. Otherwise you will not be able to pick-up your participant packet and bib number. After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Participants must be 14 years or older on race day.
- All participants are required to pick up their own participant packet (bib number) on 5 April 15:00-20:00 or 6 April 11:00-18:00.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID and original medical certificate stating the participant has no contraindication to running in competition upon picking up their own participant packet.
- Participants 14-17 years of age are required to show permission from their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race upon picking up their own participant packet.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable.
- If registered from 16 January until 19 February — 1600 rubles
- If registered from 20 February until 19 March — 2000 rubles
- If registered from 4 April until 6 April — 2500 rubles
Packet Pick Up
Location & hours
Olympic complex "Luzhniki"
Moscow, Luzhniki St., 24, bldg. 1
Friday, April 6
15:00 – 20:00
Saturday, April 6
11:00 – 18:00
Participant packets will not be available for pick up on or after race day
How to pick up participant packet
To pick-up participant packet you must present:
- Government-issued photo identity document.
- Medical certificate stating the participant has no contra-indication to running in competition (medical certificate will not be returned, a photocopy of certificate is accepted upon presentation of the original).
- Participants 14-17 years of age must present permission from their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race.
If you can’t pick-up your participant packet on April 5 or 6, a friend or family member may serve as your proxy and pick up your race materials for you. Proxy must bring the following documents for person he/she is representing:
- The original letter of attorney for a third party to collect participant’s packet
- Government-issued photo identity document
- A copy of the participant’s identity document
- Medical certificate stating the participant has no contra-indication to running in competition (medical certificate will not be returned, a photocopy of certificate is accepted upon presentation of the original)
- For participants 14-17 years of age: permission from their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race
The power of attorney does not entitle the authorized person to participate in the race with your number. The transfer of the number is prohibited by the rules of the competition. A participant with a another's number will be disqualified.
Participant packets pick-up will take place in Luzhniki Stadium at Luzhniki Olympic complex, Luzhniki St., 24, bldg. 1, sector 5A.
Please use metro station Sportivnaya or Vorobyovy gory (Line 1 Red), exit to the Olympic complex "Luzhniki", follow the signs.
For your convenience, male and female changing rooms are available in the start area.
Please do not leave your items unattended.
Baggage storage is located in the start area.
For bag drop-off please use wristband and sticker with number, which you received with your bib number. Put the sticker on the bag and tie a wristband with the same number around your wrist.
Do not put any valuable or fragile items in your bag. We recommend you to keep your valuables, such as hotel card, mobile phone with you or with friends or family. The organisers are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
Toilets are located in the start area.
The race starts at 10:00.
The start will be divided into several waves according to the submitted estimated personal times. The letters A, B, C, etc on your bib number show your allocated wave. Please note this cannot be changed. Marshals will ask to look at the wave letter marked on your running number and will only allow runners to enter the corresponding wave at the start.
Do not attempt to promote yourself to a faster wave – start in the correct wave, start steadily and you will be much more likely to enjoy your run. If you are running in an elaborate fancy-dress costume, you must position yourself at the rear of wave F or G so as not to impede other runners who want to run as fast as they can.
Your net running time will start to be recorded when you cross the start line. Follow directions from race officials and volunteers at all times for a safe and orderly start to the race.
Please mind your fellow runners when you change lanes or spit. Please take care not to endanger others or yourself. In order to be able to hear your fellow runners of volunteers we ask you to run without music headphones. Doing so you also won’t miss any cheers from the spectators.
No animals or wheeled vehicles/devices of any kind are allowed on the course. No wheeled vehicles are allowed to accompany the runners along the course. Anyone who disregards this rule will be disqualified and removed from the course.
Medical aid will be located at the start/finish area and along the course. Please do not hesitate to contact any medical personnel if you are having difficulties – we appreciate you doing so. If you need medical aid, you may to ask any volunteer or fellow runners to an emergency call for you.
Your net time will be registered once your cross the finish line.
Please do not remain standing on the finish line, but continue walk slowly to the end of the finish area. After the finish you will recieve drinking water.
If you are feeling unwell, please ask for the medical aid straight away.
Your result will be measured with Chronotrack timing system, judges at the finish and the video registration system.
Your net running time will be recorded when you cross the start and finish lines. The timing chip is on your race number. Please put your race number on the chest. Do not bend, crumple or fold it, do not keep the race number next to any magnets – it may damage the chip resulting in the loss of your personal result.
Within a few hours after the last runner finish you will receive a text message and email with your draft result. The results list will be available online at this website.
If your result is inaccurate or the result is missing, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify your first and last name and race number in the email.
Participants will compete in overall classification. Men and women who took 1–3 places will be awarded.
Where to Cheer
If you've ever run races, you know how crowd support can immensely boost runners’ spirits. Please don’t be shy to encourage passing runners even if you don’t know them.
Note: there are some extra security measures introduced for both runners and spectators. Personal belongings may be searched and some roads access may be restricted. Thanks for understanding.
At the April Run spectators will have access to the race start and finish areas on race day. Spectators will be able to escort runners to the start waves and greet them near the finish line.